On Saturday, October 7 at 6:30 PM IST, Ian Wright, Former Head of Engineering – Dynamics at Mercedes – AMG Petronas Formula One Team will be delivering a presentation titled “5 Factors that Add Performance to a Race Car” as part of the Formula Bharat Academy Series. The presentation will be aired live on the Formula Bharat YouTube Channel. This session is hosted in collaboration with United Motorsports Academy.
In order to interact directly with the speaker via Zoom, you must register by filling out the form.
The Zoom session will be accessible to the first 90 individuals who register.
Content that will be covered during this session:
- Analysis of qualifying laps used to identify comparative car and driver performance
- Key performance areas to try and identify:
- Aero, Engine, Tyres, Driver, Mass
- Most likely areas can be identified from the shape of the dt channel but simulations are required for accurate predictions
- RBR and McLaren selected as
- McLaren made a big set up the grid during 2023
- RBR had no need to develop their car as they were so dominant and needed to focus on 2024
About the speaker:
Ian has worked for 30+ years at the top level of motorsport complemented by 5 years in the aerospace industry. In 1990, Ian became a part of McLaren F1, where he played a pivotal role in vehicle performance simulation, toolset development for analysis, and competitor comparison. His contributions were instrumental in securing championships for McLaren in 1990 and 1991
Ian’s remarkable career can be further delineated into 15 years with the McLaren F1 team, followed by another 15 years with the Mercedes F1 Team. Notably, his tenure with Mercedes saw a remarkable string of championship wins, spanning from 2014 to 2020, cementing his legacy in the world of Formula 1.
Subscribe to the Formula Bharat YouTube Channel for more presentations within the Formula Bharat Academy Series!