The purpose of the Virtuals at Formula Bharat (FBV) event is to provide teams who are either building a new Formula Student team or switching to a new class or unable to build a vehicle for the season, to participate in a Formula Student event in the season. The FBV 21-22 event will be based on the Formula Bharat 2022 rules and will also consist of a virtual racing component, Rev-it!
Students will have to prepare documents / presentations for the following categories involved in the challenge:
- Documentation: SES, IAD, [EV only] FMEA
- Business Plan Presentation (BPP) with Pitch Deck (BPPD)
- Design Specifications Sheet Report (DSS)
- Engineering Design Presentation (EDP)
- Engineering Design Q&A Session
FBV 21-22 shall use the following guidelines to prepare:
- Formula Bharat 2022 Rules booklet, specifically the sections
- [T] General Technical Requirements
- [CV] Combustion Vehicles or [EV] Electric Vehicles
- FBV Information Rules Booklet (Administration, Submissions etc.)
- Rev-it! Rules and Regulations
- Rev-it Web Page for virtual racing announcements, updates etc.
Important note: Teams participating in Formula Bharat 2022 cannot participate in Virtuals at Formula Bharat 21-22, and vice versa.
First time at Formula Bharat and have non-technical questions about the event? Book an appointment with the Event Manager here.
|FBV Information Rules Booklet||FBV 21-22 / V1.1 / May 28, 2021|
|Registration and Payment Guide||FBV 21-22 / V1.1 / June 15, 2021|
|Quiz Guide||FBV 21-22 / V2 / July 7, 2021|
You may also visit
- www.formulabharat.com/downloads for SES, IAD, FMEA templates, resources and links.
- www.formulabharat.com/rev-it for virtual racing rules and resources.
Unless specified otherwise, the deadline for submission is by 11:59 PM IST on the respective dates mentioned below. The Upload Portals are located right under the table below.
Don’t miss another deadline. Click here to subscribe to the Google Calendar for FBV 21-22!
|SCHEDULE ITEM||DEADLINE||SUBMISSION METHOD|
|Pre-Registration||June 1 – July 15||Closed|
|Registration Rules Quiz|
*Down payment must be received by July 8 to participate in quiz
**Quiz Guide available in Downloads above. Mock quiz to be released on July 3 at 12 PM IST and will be available for 24 hrs.
|Failure Mode and Effects Analysis Report (FMEA)|
|Structural Equivalency Spreadsheet (SES)||July 23||Upload|
|Driver Selection Form||August 10 – September 3||*Rev-it!|
|Business Plant Presentation (BPP) Session Slot Booking|
BPP Slot availability between Sept 13 – 26
BPP Finals on October 21 (Live, Public)
|August 23 – 27||Coming Soon|
|Impact Attenuator Design Report (IAD)||August 27||Upload|
|Fees Payment||August 31||Coming Soon|
|Business Plan Pitch Deck (BPPD)||September 2||Upload|
|Dynamic Practice Servers||September 6 – 15||*Rev-it!|
|Team Member Information (TMI)||September 13||Coming Soon|
|Driver Briefing – Drag Event|
Drag event between Sept 16 – 20
|Engineering Design (ED) Q&A Slot Booking|
ED Slot availability between Oct 4 – 24
ED Finals on Oct 30 (Private)
ED Chief Judge Review on Nov 1
|September 20 – 23||Coming Soon|
|Driver Briefing – Hill Climb Event|
Hill Climb event between Sept 24 – 29
|Design Specifications Sheet (DSS)||September 24||Upload|
|Engineering Design Presentation (EDP) |
within Supporting Document (SUP)
|Driver Briefing – Endurance Qualifying Event|
Endurance Qualifying event between Oct 4 – 6
|Driver Briefing – Endurance [ALL] Event|
Endurance – Quarter Finals event between Oct 9 – 21
Endurance – Semi Finals event between Oct 26 – 28
Endurance – Finals event on Oct 30
*Semi Finals and Finals will be live streamed
|Dynamic Engineering Q&A|
*selected teams only
|Awards Ceremony||November 2||–|
Queries with regards to the competition’s various aspects must be directed to the relevant emails listed below:
- Financial related queries (registration fees, payment etc.): firstname.lastname@example.org
- General FBV related (administration, competition events) rule-queries, participation certificates: email@example.com
- EV-specific technical rules queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-EV technical rules queries: email@example.com
Additionally, teams may also post their queries on www.formulabharat.com/forum.
- Registration fee: INR 35000 + 18% GST (or as per tax applicable on invoice date), non-refundable and non-transferable. These fees are inclusive of the team’s participation in both FBV and Rev-it! No separate registration payment will be required for Rev-it!.
- Registration capped at 40 teams between both classes – CV and EV.
- The registration fees include a complimentary participation of 15 students and a maximum participation of 45 students.
- Registered team members will receive electronic participation certificates.
- Review Registration and Payment Guide under Downloads section above for more details.
|CAR #||TEAM NAME||INSITITUTION||COUNTRY|
|01||Formula Manipal**||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||India|
|02||CRCE Formula Racing||Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering||India|
|03||Force Ikshvaku Racing||The National Institute of Engineering||India|
|04||Phoenix Racing||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat||India|
|05||Ojaswat Motorsports||Chandubhai S Patel Institute of Technology||India|
|06||XLR8 Formula Student Team||TKM College of Engineering||India|
|07||STES Racing||Sinhgad College of Engineering||India|
|08||Force Racing||Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science, Warangal||India|
|09||SASTRA Racing Team||SASTRA Deemed To Be University||India|
|10||CITizens Racing||Coimbatore Institute of Technology||India|
|11||Formula Ashwariders||St. Vincent Pallotti College of Engineering and Technology||India|
|12||BITS Goa Racing||BITS Pilani, K K Birla Goa Campus||India|
|13||Team Precisio||Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering||India|
|14||Hermes Racing||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology||India|
|15||Team United Racing||National Institute of Technology, Raipur||India|
|16||Zenith Motorsport||College of Engineering Trivandrum||India|
|17||Shaurya Racing||Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai||India|
|18||Bullz Racing||BMS College of Engineering||India|
|19||NH Motorsports||New Horizon Institute of Technology And Management||India|
|20||ITS Team Sapuangin||Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology||Indonesia|
|21||Team KART||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||India|
|22||Amrita Racing||Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore||India|
|23||Shwethashwa Racing||RNS Institute of Technology||India|
|24||Hyperion Racing Team||Pillai College of Engineering||India|
|25||Team Motorheads||BMS Institute of Technology and Management||India|
|26||PetronARC||Government Engineering College Thrissur||India|
|27||Team Arion||Nitte Meenakshi Institute Of Technology||India|
|28||Team Vegadooth Racing||KLE Technological University, Hubli||India|
|*W29||Triumphant Racers||Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering||India|
|*W30||Bimasakti Racing Team||Universitas Gadjah Mada||Indonesia|
|*W31||Team Adira||MKSSS’s Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Pune||India|
|*W32||Team Perianth Racing||Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar||India|
|*W33||Manab Racing||Haldia Institute of Technology||India|
- *W indicates Waitlist teams
- ** indicates teams who have to indicate continuation or withdrawal
|CAR #||TEAM NAME||INSITITUTION||COUNTRY|
|E01||Formula Manipal Electric||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||India|
|E02||Team Roadrunner Electric||National Institute of Technology Rourkela||India|
|E03||IITK Motorsports||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur||India|
|E04||IIT Roorkee Motorsports||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||India|
|E05||Inspired Karters Electric||Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani||India|
|E06||Raftar Formula Racing Electric||Indian Institute of Technology Madras||India|
|E07||Team Accelerons Electric||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra||India|
|E08||Modified Auto Club Racing||A P Shah Institute Of Technology, Thane||India|
|E09||Aious Formula Student Electric||Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women||India|
|E10||E-Formula Ashwa Riders||St. Vincent Pallotti College of Engineering and Technology||India|
|E11||NITKRacing Electric||National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal||India|
|E12||Team Alpha4ZE||Jamia Millia Islamia||India|
|E13||Skyline Racing||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology||India|
Last Updated: July 23, 2021
This is an advertisement.