The purpose of the Virtuals at Formula Bharat (FBV) event is to provide teams who are either building a new Formula Student team or switching to a new class or unable to build a vehicle for the season, to participate in a Formula Student event in the season. The FBV 21-22 event will be based on the Formula Bharat 2022 rules and will also consist of a virtual racing component, Rev-it!
Students will have to prepare documents / presentations for the following categories involved in the challenge:
- Documentation: SES, IAD, [EV only] FMEA
- Business Plan Presentation (BPP) with Pitch Deck (BPPD)
- Design Specifications Sheet Report (DSS)
- Engineering Design Presentation (EDP)
- Engineering Design Q&A Session
FBV 21-22 shall use the following guidelines to prepare:
- Formula Bharat 2022 Rules booklet, specifically the sections
- [T] General Technical Requirements
- [CV] Combustion Vehicles or [EV] Electric Vehicles
- FBV Information Rules Booklet (Administration, Submissions etc.)
- Rev-it! Rules and Regulations
- Rev-it Web Page for virtual racing announcements, updates etc.
Important note: Teams participating in Formula Bharat 2022 cannot participate in Virtuals at Formula Bharat 21-22, and vice versa.
|FBV Information Rules Booklet||FBV 21-22 / V1 / May 2, 2021|
|Registration and Payment Guide||Coming Soon|
|Pre-Registration Form||Coming Soon|
You may also visit
- www.formulabharat.com/downloads for SES, IAD, FMEA templates, resources and links.
- www.formulabharat.com/rev-it for virtual racing rules and resources.
Unless specified otherwise, the deadline for submission is by 11:59 PM IST on the respective dates mentioned below.
|SCHEDULE ITEM||DEADLINE||SUBMISSION METHOD|
|Pre-Registration||June 1 – July 15||Coming Soon|
|Registration Quiz||July 10||Coming Soon|
|Fees Payment – Installment 1||July 11 – July 15||Coming Soon|
|Failure Mode and Effects Analysis Report (FMEA)|
|Structural Equivalency Spreadsheet (SES)||July 23||Upload|
|Driver Selection Form||August 10 – September 3||*Rev-it!|
|Business Plant Presentation (BPP) Session Slot Booking|
BPP Slot availability between Sept 13 – 26
BPP Finals on October 21 (Live, Public)
|August 23 – 27||Coming Soon|
|Impact Attenuator Design Report (IAD)||August 27||Upload|
|Fees Payment – Installment 2||August 31||Coming Soon|
|Business Plan Pitch Deck (BPPD)||September 2||Upload|
|Dynamic Practice Servers||September 6 – 15||*Rev-it!|
|Team Member Information (TMI)||September 13||Coming Soon|
|Driver Briefing – Drag Event|
Drag event between Sept 16 – 20
|Engineering Design (ED) Q&A Slot Booking|
ED Slot availability between Oct 4 – 24
ED Finals on Oct 30 (Private)
ED Chief Judge Review on Nov 1
|September 20 – 23||Coming Soon|
|Driver Briefing – Hill Climb Event|
Hill Climb event between Sept 24 – 29
|Design Specifications Sheet (DSS)||September 24||Upload|
|Engineering Design Presentation (EDP) |
within Supporting Document (SUP)
|Driver Briefing – Endurance Qualifying Event|
Endurance Qualifying event between Oct 4 – 6
|Driver Briefing – Endurance [ALL] Event|
Endurance – Quarter Finals event between Oct 9 – 21
Endurance – Semi Finals event between Oct 26 – 28
Endurance – Finals event on Oct 30
*Semi Finals and Finals will be live streamed
|Dynamic Engineering Q&A|
*selected teams only
|Awards Ceremony||November 2||–|
Queries with regards to the competition’s various aspects must be directed to the relevant emails listed below:
- Financial related queries (registration fees, payment etc.): firstname.lastname@example.org
- General FBV related (administration, competition events) rule-queries, participation certificates: email@example.com
- EV-specific technical rules queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-EV technical rules queries: email@example.com
Additionally, teams may also post their queries on www.formulabharat.com/forum.
- Registration fee: INR 35000 + 18% GST (or as per tax applicable on invoice date), non-refundable and non-transferable. These fees are inclusive of the team’s participation in both FBV and Rev-it! No separate registration payment will be required for Rev-it!.
- The registration fees include a complimentary participation of 15 students and a maximum participation of 45 students.
- Registered team members will receive electronic participation certificates.
Last Updated: May 6, 2021